Thursday, April 10, 2008

ABOUT THE ARTISTS

My chosen artist is Ricky Swallow. He is an Australian sculptor and mostly makes his sculpture to a 1:1 Scale. The work I chose of his is also a 1:1 Scale sculpture called The First One Now. It was made in 2000 with pigmented resin. Since most of Swallow’s works are big is scale and require a lot of space I have integrated my design for his studio is very spacious and.

My second chosen artist is Sidney Nolan. He is one of the great twentieth century Australian artists. Nolan was a visual mythmaker, in the 1980s his innovations led him to experiment with spray can paint, which enabled him to blend colors on the canvas to create layer upon layer of paint. The painting I chose of his is also synthetic spray can paint on canvas. It is called “Illuminations” and was painted in 1982.

No comments: